Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 24: North Queensferry

Today was a quieter day and we stayed in the town of North Queensferry where Anne and Wilf live. We went for a walk (in the rain. Again.) down to the pier at the Forth of Fife. I got a chance to see the world's smallest working lighthouse. Which is really, really small. It's maybe 12 feet high! We also walked along the shore and checked out some of the old wells in the town.

In the afternoon, we headed over to Dunfermline which is a town nearby. We walked around the pretty little town and got ice cream. I found a really lovely lambwool tartan scarf, which Anne bought for me. Since I was epically spoiled by them. We then looked at Dunfermline Abbey, which is still a half functioning Church. Inside the actual church part, they have the remains of Robert De Bruce!

Following this, we checked out the park that Andrew Carnegie paid for since he hails from here. It was really a beautiful park known as Pittencrieff Park. It has a small burn (stream) running through it and lots of trees and pretty flowers. It also has the remains of a tower that King Malcolm built. Yay for knowing some Scottish history! It was up this slight hill and surrounded by the Burn Lyne (like my middle name!).

Later that night I started packed to head off to Berlin next!

4 comments:

  1. Christina! I'm commenting so you feel loved!!!

    It sounds like you are having an epic time and I'm very jealous. Next time don't leave me and we will go have adventures together. Also, I want to see this lambwool scarf. I love scarfs.

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're having a good time and find that things you have heard about really exist! Had a call from Anne to tell us how much they enjoyed your visit. Looking forward to more accounts of your adventures. Thinking of you very often. Lots of love, G'ma and G'pa W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And make sure you're in several of them.

    ReplyDelete